Red scaly patches, particularly around the knees and elbows
The cellular renewal process speeds up
- a psychological shock
- clothing that rubs against the skin
- particular medicines
- an infection (rhinopharyngitis, pharyngitis...)
Treatments: creams, ointments, phototherapy, spa therapy...
- Creams, ointments and lotions prescribed by dermatologists help stop the inflammation. They also eliminate excess scales and smooth rough skin. Moreover, moisturising creams are effective in soothing itchiness.
- Phototherapy, which is also recommended for treating psoriasis, uses UVA, UVB or laser to slow down the production of skin cells.
- Medicine in the form of tablets is used to treat very severe forms of psoriasis.
- Finally, there is another treatment that has proven to be effective: spa therapy. Thermal spa water has healing and anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce the number and size of the lesions.
For more information, please contact your dermatologist.