WHICH PRODUCTS CAN REDUCE ITCHING
AND INCREASE SLEEPING IN ATOPIC DERMATITIS?
Pruritus (itching) interferes with sleep in adults and children with atopic dermatitis. In fact, atopic children lose an hour of sleep a night due to scratching. The atopic skin expert brand La Roche-Posay ran a clinical study on 51 patients, both adults and children, to test an atopic eczema-prone daily care routine’s ability to improve sleep quality and reduce itching sensations. The study foundoki that the daily use of a soap substitute such as LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and an emollient such as LIPIKAR Baume AP+ applied in the evening reduced the intensity and duration of itching with up to 2x less scratching and improved both the quality and the duration of sleep.
A UNIQUE CLINICAL TRIAL ON ATOPIC ECZEMA-PRONE SKIN
AND SLEEP QUALITY
- Who? 51 patients: 24 adults and 27 children aged 3+.
- How bad? Moderate to severe atopic eczema, SCORAD of 42.
- Timescale? 2-week trial with patients clinically assessed on days 0 and 14.
- Routine? Application of LIPIKAR Syndet during each shower/bath. Application of LIPIKAR Baume AP+ at least once a day in the evening.
RESULTS: THE RIGHT ROUTINE MEANS LESS ITCHING
AND MORE SLEEP!
The LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ plus LIPIKAR Baume AP+ routine is a winning combination to decrease the urge to scratch, with the knock-on effect of improving sleep quality and overall quality of everyday life. The study’s results in figures:
- Pruritus (itching): -41% intensity and -38% duration
- Sleep loss: +35% sleep quality and +42% sleep duration
- Overall quality of life improvement: +73%
CONCLUSION: WITH THE RIGHT PRODUCTS,
YOU CAN BEAT ATOPIC-PRONE SKIN AND GET A BETTER NIGHT'S SLEEP
For atopic dermatitis sufferers who lose sleep due to itching and scratching, there is most definitely hope! Using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ during each bath or shower and applying LIPIKAR Baume AP+ every evening is proven to reduce itching for 2x less scratching for a more restful night’s sleep and a positive impact on quality of life.
For more information on the effects and solutions for atopic dermatitis, click HERE
For tips on how to help your child resist the urge to scratch, click HERE