Every skin type has its own specific needs. Select your concern and get the dermatological advice and skincare solutions you need.
panthenol vitamin b5
Octocrylene What is  it ?
Octocrylene is an organic sun filter. This filter mainly absorbs UVB radiation, which is responsible for tanning but also for sunburn and skin cancer.
In our products, it appears in the list of ingredients on the packaging, under the name OCTOCRYLENE.
Where does it  come from ?
Octocrylene is comprised of organic compounds (carbon compounds that absorb UV rays) converted to obtain this sunscreen.
Why is it  used ?
Octocrylene protects the skin from the harmful effects of the sun and premature skin aging. It helps prevent the risk of skin cancer.
This filter mainly absorbs UVB rays, and shorter UVA rays, which are responsible for aging but also for skin cancer.
Octocrylene remains stable and therefore effective during exposure to the sun. It stabilises avobenzone, a particularly effective filter against long UVA rays, enabling it to be used.
It enables sunscreen products to be water resistant.
Why is it  questioned ?
Octocrylene is questioned due its allergenic potential. This ingredient is also suspected of being an endocrine disruptor. Finally, studies have called into question its environmental profile, especially its impact on corals. It's also not very biodegradable.
- Octocrylene used alone does not cause photo-allergy and cases of allergies to this ingredient in sunscreen products are exceedingly rare. Some cases of allergies due to exposure to the sun (photo-allergies) and transient skin irritations have been observed in contexts with high octocrylene concentrations.
- According to the European Commission (CSSC), octocrylene is not considered either a photo-allergen or even an allergen.
- It is not an endocrine disruptor according to the definition of the World Health Organization, whose role is to lead and coordinate global health within the United Nations.
- The use and concentration of octocrylene in our sunscreen products is carefully controlled to avoid any potential impact on the aquatic environment.
- Octocrylene does not cause any adverse effects on corals at the concentrations at which it is used in sunscreen products, or at concentrations measured in the aquatic environment.
How is it  used in our products ?
We use octocrylene in concentrations authorised by the various regulations in force in the cosmetics industry. We optimise concentrations of this filter depending on other filters with which it is combined, the targeted sun protection, the desired sensoriality and the targets for which the product is intended. Octocrylene is necessary to stabilize avobenzone: their combined use guarantees maximum performance (UVA + UVB coverage). When we can, we use filters with a more favourable environmental profile than octocrylene in our formulations.
We have developed a scientific testing platform that enables us to accurately measure and continuously improve the environmental profile of our sunscreen formulas containing this and other filters.
As is the case with all our products, those containing octocrylene are systematically subjected to a strict evaluation of their quality and safety for humans and their impact on the environment. This is a fundamental principle applied to all our products everywhere around the world.